To address challenges faced by MSMEs in accessing business development services (BDS), the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) and AMI, in partnership with MasterCard Foundation, have collaborated to develop national BDS standards and offer business development service providers with training to increase their capacity to serve MSMEs.
About the programme
- Align your business development support services to the new BDS standards while gaining insight into the MSMEs market in Uganda
- Support the sustainable growth of MSMEs you work with
- Create impact and grow your reach towards more customers and stakeholders
- Implement effective operational plans to develop and scope robust contracts for funders
- Manage your finances to grow revenue and reduce wastes
- Build high performing diverse teams through effective human resource management.
- Measure progress towards business goals to ensure continual improvement
2-day In-person training
Plus 1 year- post programme support
Blended – In Person + Online
Full Scholarships to qualified business development support providers
This programme is designed for:
- Individuals, companies and associations offering business development support services in Uganda
- Providers of general capacity building services such as training, coaching, business incubation and consulting
- Women-led, Youth-led & businesses outside Kampala district are encouraged to apply
Years In Business:
Operational for more than 1 year
Formal registration needed
Willing to work online – i.e. Must have a smartphone/Internet connection to access online tools, courses and online community
About the learning journey
This programme is based on AMI Growth Model for Building Organisational Capacity of BDS
Core topics across the standards drafted include:
Build & grow as you learn
Instead of talking at entrepreneurs about concepts and theories, AMI introduces practical business and management tools that can be applied to business practices on day one. Participants navigate their learning journey with our learning platform and apps, powerful facilitator-led learning experiences, and peer-to-peer support.
YOUR TOOLKIT FOR BUSINESS
More than traditional training - practical tools that you’ll use immediately
Expect engaging Learning Labs led by world-class facilitators and interactive peer group meetings
BITE-SIZED CONTENT ON THE GO
Get the content you need, when you need it, via web and mobile. Access 20+ online courses & over 125 business tools
About the Partnership
African Management Institute (AMI) has partnered with Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) to develop standards for the provision of Business Development Services (BDS) in Uganda.