African Women in Digital Leadership
A partnership and collaboration between SmartDigital Solutions and the African Management Institute, the African Women in Digital Leadership Programme offers a series of practical learning tools and experiences designed to empower women managers in Africa's digital space to effectively lead themselves and their teams.
A learning network of women in digital leadership, that offers:
A free online community of women leaders with access to AMI’s library of learning resources.
Regular forums led by industry experts.
A series of 2-hour interactive masterclasses that will equip you to understand and lead in the digital age.
A specialized version of AMI’s six-month Management Development Programme focused on digital leadership.
A Series of Learning Experiences and Practical Tools
A partnership and collaboration between Smart Digital Solutions and African Management Institute, African Women in Digital Leadership is designed to empower women managers in Africa’s digital space to effectively lead themselves and their teams and includes:
- Online Learning & Community – An online community with 12 months of access to AMI’s online platform and mobile app with courses and practical tools to help you implement what you’re learning.
- Digital Leadership Forums – A series of 90-minute panels in which leading industry experts will cover current hot topics in the digital arena.
- ICT Leadership Masterclasses – A series of five interactive masterclasses (2 hours each), facilitated by ICT industry experts to equip you to lead in the digital age.
- Management Development Programme – A specialized version of AMI’s six-month Management Development Programme focused on digital leadership, including four 90-minute virtual Learning.
Digital Leadership Masterclasses
To provide deep perspective in the digital arena, the programme is augmented by the Digital Leadership Series Masterclasses, to which all participants will receive complimentary access. These are webinars facilitated by industry experts that will focus on digital transformation topics*, such as:
- Empowering your team to perform in the digital era
- Developing a digital strategy for your business
- Digital technologies and trends: internet of things, big data and machine learning
- Digital technologies and trends: cyber security and internet governance
- Creating platform strategies
*Topics are illustrative and will be finalised based on demand
Management Development Programme in Digital Leadership
The tech industry’s combination of fast pace, diverse and dispersed teams, competition and interdependence makes it a truly unique and dynamic environment, requiring a distinct set of leadership skills. It requires leaders who can manage themselves effectively, empower their teams, build accountability and drive performance. Leaders in this space need to:
- Empower their team to take ownership of their work
- Influence without authority
- Build cohesion in a dispersed team
- Use their leadership story to inspire others
- Help their team to prioritise and manage their time well, drawing on appropriate apps
- Provide feedback in an honest and developmental way
- Navigate meeting / project spaces with dominant and difficult personalities
Based on AMI’s Management Development Programme, this specially designed 4-6 month programme is built for women leaders in the digital industry. Focusing on the things that you can do differently as a leader to inspire and empower your team, the learning is underpinned by research around how adults learn and grow. The programme is designed to equip you with skills and practical management tools that lead to real change and improved performance in your unit, department, and organisation.
Sign Up Today