Marketing Associate – Rwanda
Competitive based on experience in Kigali, Rwanda
AMI is expanding rapidly. We are looking for an ambitious and talented Marketing Associate to assist in sourcing/finding qualified business owners that will be able to go through AMI’s core business development support programmes.
The Marketing Associate will report to the Partnerships Manager and the Country Manager and will work in a team of sourcing and marketing associates, and together with programme managers. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. At AMI, we work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, development and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, training, management education or learning and development.
The Marketing Associate must be a driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with great people, marketing and project-managing skills.
- Coordinate with appointed marketing agency, follow up on the implementation of the marketing strategy and campaigns, messaging and material developments, advertising production and placement, video/photography production and brand/media awareness of AMI in Rwanda
- Work on messaging (e.g. on social media) aimed at attracting potential participants to the programmes
- Write and adjust call scripts for direct outreach to potential participants. Potentially supervise team of consultants reaching out to participants
- Collect daily data around interactions with potential participants and generate weekly reports
- Oversee data collection from applications coming from different platforms like SurveyMonkey
- Assist in maintaining relationships with partner institutions (for example banks; private sector chambers) who can assist us in sourcing participants
- Take part in the sourcing exercises (call, visit candidates) with the objective of signing up candidates to the programmes and engaging them with the programme
Skills and Attributes.
- Outstanding Marketing Skills
- Ability to develop and implement replicable processes
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to liaise confidently with clients
- Strong people skills – ability to work with a diverse, high-performing team across Africa
- Independent, self-motivated and able to take full ownership of own workstreams
- Ability and confidence to work with senior management and small-scale entrepreneurs
- Understanding of the management education/ corporate training in Rwanda.
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in the robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (Bachelor)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales and marketing
- Strong capacity to motivate a team
- Objective and result-driven
- Strong data focus
- Consistency and time management skills
- Must be fluent in English, conversational in Kinyarwanda with French an added advantage
- Robust communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Experience/background as a business owner would be beneficial
Use this link to apply: https://bit.ly/35MMaJh Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so kindly submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role.