Regional Representative – Francophone West Africa
At AMI we enable ambitious businesses across Africa to thrive, through practical tools and training. We equip entrepreneurs with tools to build their business, help companies train their teams, and run work readiness programmes for young people. Our programmes combine online and mobile tools with in-person workshops and on-the-job practice and support.
AMI is expanding rapidly. We have raised investment, opened offices in Nairobi, Johannesburg and Kigali, and trained over 27,000 people in 30+ African countries through clients and partners like the MasterCard Foundation, KLM, Unga, Shell Foundation, and more.
We are now looking for a senior ambitious and entrepreneurial Francophone West Africa Regional Representative (country flexible) to build new relationships as we expand across West Africa, with a view to transforming the impact of business support services to SMEs in your Francophone West Africa.
This is a senior entrepreneurial business development role, and the candidate will report to AMI’s global Director of Partnerships, while also working closely with the CEO.
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. This is a great opportunity for candidates with a passion for entrepreneurship and/or workplace learning to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
The Regional Representative will be an entrepreneurial leader responsible for establishing AMI’s presence in new countries or the region through strategic partnerships. There are three core components of the role:
- Define a strategy for building AMI’s presence in the country/region, and how this presence will support growth at the global level
- Develop relationships – both revenue-generating and strategic – with local partners in the development community, government, business, as well as the SME support and skill-building ecosystems
- Work with our Global Partnerships team to support proposals to international development partners where there is a component that relates to your country/region
- Work with our marketing team to expand AMI’s Thrive community for entrepreneurs and managers locally within your country/region
- The Regional Representative role may evolve into a Country/Regional Manager role if/when we decide to build a local team, with staff management and governance responsibility
Use this link to apply: https://bit.ly/3jMh2PI. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so kindly submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role.