Senior Programme Manager
Based on experience in Kigali, Rwanda
About AMI and the job:
AMI enables ambitious businesses across Africa to thrive through practical tools and training. We deliver blended learning journeys, combining a web & mobile app, in-person workshops and on-the-job practice to help businesses develop productive and motivated workforces, entrepreneurs build thriving enterprises, and job seekers advance their careers.
AMI is expanding rapidly. We have raised investment from international investors, established offices in Nairobi and Johannesburg, engaged an impressive portfolio of clients in East, West and Southern Africa, and trained over 27,000 individuals through 80 blended learning programmes in 15 African countries.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented Senior Programme Manager to lead in the implementation of cutting-edge blended learning programmes as the core ‘face of AMI’ to our clients. A Senior Programme Manager will: lead the growing Programme Manager team at AMI in Rwanda, manage core client relationships for ongoing programmes, plan and deliver engaging learning programs end-to-end, review core learning outcomes and metrics (and problem solve on the fly!) and facilitate select client in-person learning sessions.
The Senior Programme Manager will report directly to the Country Manager, Rwanda and will have an important responsibility in to the Pan-African Programme Management Team, through the Sr Accounts and Programme Manager in Nairobi. The Senior Programme Manager will lead a team of Programme Managers and Associates, and work with the learning and business development teams, to support clients across Rwanda. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. At AMI, we work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, development and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, training, management education or learning and development.
The Senior PM must be a driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with great people and project-managing skills, and the ability to analyse an organisation and understand its learning and development needs.
The successful candidate will play four key roles in joining the dots between our world-class learning programmes and business clients on the ground:
- S/he will manage core client relationships within learning programmes: Support to analyse new business clients learning and development needs and manage client relations from implementation through to renewal.
- Plan and deliver engaging learning programs end-to-end: Be the lead on client learning programs, build implementation plans, and manage core logistics and programming for both online and face-to-face components of AMI’s blended learning programmes.
- Ensure programmes have impact and are valued by clients: Evaluate core learning outcomes and metrics within learning programmes and adapt design and delivery to resolve issues in real time.
- Lead a team of Programme Managers. As a team leader, the Senior PM will be expected to allocate resources, support core project management and PM performance goals and learning and development plans.
Manage client relationships and provide client support|
The Senior Account Manager will:
- Support the Learning Designer and Sales teams to analyse new business clients to understand their learning and development needs and to design customized programmes and packages.
- Support business development with proposals and closing of deals
- Manage client relations from implementation through to renewal by working with the sales team to ensure an effective handover, communicating regularly and providing periodic reporting and updates.
- Allocate resources to support company programmes, ensuring account managers are fully briefed and facilitators appropriately trained
- Ensure effective end of programme reporting and manage clients through to conclusion and/or renewal
Programme Management |
As a Senior PM, s/he will take a lead role in supporting the PM team to develop and manage programs plans for client learning programs. The role will include direct management of PMs across AMI, Rwanda including allocation of resources to key programmes, coaching, and project management. In addition, the Sr PM will manage important strategic programmes including:
- Complete customised programme designs (including any content and session updates)
- Build engagement strategies and on-boarding plans to build engagement with new clients
- Support and develop project and engagement plans for blended learning
- Work with clients to select participants and register them on the AMI platform
- Liaise with clients throughout learning programs to ensure programs run smoothly and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Analyse programme data and feedback to ensure core programme metrics and targets are being met (adapt as necessary)
- Book venues and manage all logistics related to learning programs
- Collect and analyse impact and learning data. Compile impact and client reports
- Work with the Learning Designer to constantly develop and improve AMI’s blended learning strategy and processes
Facilitator Network Management |
- Work with the Learning Designer to manage and provide ongoing support and assessment for existing facilitators
- Manage allocation of facilitators for AMI’s busy schedule of workshops
- Facilitate select client workshops (with training/support from Chief Learning Officer)
- Create training manuals and other supporting documents for facilitators that they would need
Skills & attributes:
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand and analyse learning and development needs
- Ability to identify business challenges and turn them in to learning and development solutions
- Outstanding Programme Management skills and Project Management skills
- Ability to develop and implement replicable processes
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to liaise confidently with clients
- Strong people skills – ability to work with a diverse, high-performing team across Africa, ability to lead teams
- Independent, self-motivated and able to take full ownership of own workstreams
- Training and facilitation skills preferred but not essential
- Ability and confidence to work with senior management and small-scale entrepreneurs
- Understanding of the management education/ corporate training in East Africa
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Proven programme Management skills and experience (essential)
- Facilitation experience (preferred)
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experience
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also send any questions about the role to email@example.com.