AMI Resilience Prize Terms and Conditions
About AMI’s Entrepreneurship Programmes
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought different challenges to diverse communities and people. Entrepreneurs as well as their businesses are among those who have been highly affected as it forced some to close their businesses and others decided to reduce their operations.
To ensure that the affected businesses are ready to get back to the new normal, African Management Institute, through the partnership with Mastercard Foundation, has been providing business training programmes to entrepreneurs in Rwanda by equipping them with the necessary skills and tools to help them strengthen their businesses and stay resilient by responding to the impacts of the pandemic.
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you can participate in the “AMI Resilience Prize” (the “Competition”). By entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should not enter the Competition.
1. PRIZE APPLICATION PERIOD: The start date for entries is 30/03/2022 at 4 PM (CAT) (“Start Date”). The closing date for entries is 20/04/2022 at 11:59 PM (CAT) (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
2. TO ENTER: Visit. Click on the prize application form link and complete all the required fields/sections. Note that you have to complete all the sections before submitting your application form in order to be considered during the selection process.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to businesses/entrepreneurs who have been through and completed AMI’s business programmes (Business Survival Bootcamp, Survive to Thrive,Take Your Business Online, Grow Your Business) only.
4. No payment/purchase is required to enter.
5. PRIZES: There is one prize available in each category. The Prize categories are listed below (the “Prize”).
- Kigali – Rwf 1,000,000 + Extended Access to AMI business tool + [partner’s prize]
- Northern Province – Rwf 1,000,000 + Extended Access to AMI business tool + [partner’s prize]
- Southern Province – Rwf 1,000,000 + Extended Access to AMI business tool + [partner’s prize]
- Eastern Province – Rwf 1,000,000 + Extended Access to AMI business tool+ [partner’s prize]
- Western Province – Rwf 1,000,000 + Extended Access to AMI business tool +[partner’s prize]
- People’s Choice – Rwf 1,000,000 + Extended Access to AMI business tool + [partner’s prize]
6. SELECTION OF PRIZE RECIPIENTS: Prize recipients will be notified following the conclusion of the Prize on 20th May 2022. Prize recipients will be presented to the media and the general public. Final prize recipients will be decided based on the number of votes for each category.
7. The prize recipients will be contacted via the contact details provided (Phone numbers and email). If the prize recipient cannot be contacted or does not respond to confirm details for the delivery of the prize within three days, an alternate recipient will be selected.
8.PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL DATA The participant agrees to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the AMI Resilience Prize and the organisers may use his/her name(s) and image(s) and their comments/quote relating to the Prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
9. The organisers will use participants’ personal details for the purposes of administering and awarding the Prize.
10. The organisers reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Prize or these Terms and Conditions if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable.
11. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid and the Prize will not be awarded in respect of such entry. The organisers reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant and to exclude any entries which it believes to be invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
12. The organisers’ decision is final in all matters relating to the Prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of the organisers, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither the organisers nor any of its officers, employees, or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract, or otherwise):
13.1. Any loss, damage, or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with the Prize (including the prize recipient’s receipt or use of the same), resulting from any cause whatsoever; or
13.2. Any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity, or any indirect, economic, or consequential losses whatsoever and howsoever caused.
14. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or proper operation of the Prize by cheating or committing fraud in any way, the organisers reserve the right to render your entry invalid, seek damages from you and ban you from participating in any of their future events or campaigns..
15. CONTACTIf you have any questions about the Prize, please write to AMI at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on our helpline at 1000.