Business Survival Bootcamp
Times are extremely tough for your business. We know Africa’s businesses and entrepreneurs are innovative, tireless, and resilient. Right now though, you need more than motivational speeches, talking heads, and promises of better days ahead. You need practical tools for today to help you make it through and keep your business alive. AMI's Business Survival Bootcamp has the practical tools you're looking for.
Over 1,300 businesses and entrepreneurs from over 36 countries across Africa have kicked off their journey to take action and save their business with practical tools for rapid financial planning, cost management, and strategies for adapting your business and products.
Join the growing network of businesses across Africa who refuse to let COVID-19 lock down their hopes and dreams.
Start your 2 weeks of free access by signing up for a kickoff session.
Step 1. Select a Track for your Journey.
We understand that the current economic crisis has meant different realities for different businesses, that’s why this Bootcamp series provides different options(tracks) to support your business.
Financial forecasting and cost management in an economic slowdown
This track kicks off your free two-week programme and helps you begin the process of responding to the threats to your business’s survival with tools to help determine immediate actions. You’ll focus on mapping out scenarios, assessing and addressing risks to your business, reviewing tools to forecast your cash flow, and define short-term strategies.
This track’s practical tools will help you:
- Do scenario planning. Use our downloadable tools to map several possible scenarios to identify the highest areas of business risk.
- Perform a business risk assessment. Determine what the greatest risks to their business are now, and what actions they can take.
- Model and forecast cash-flow. Use a simple cash-flow forecasting tool to help them to identify where they may need to cut costs or find alternate sources of income to remain cash flow positive in the uncertain months ahead.
Reboot & Adapt Your Business: Innovation in the “New Normal”
Practical tools and strategies for quickly adapting your products and business
This Bootcamp track will provide you with the next steps as you plan to reboot your business, relaunch, and drive new sales. Whether it’s reaching new customers, adapting your products or business model, or planning to reopen, this track will help you understand changing customer needs, perform rapid market testing, and do financial modeling related to your new strategy.
This track’s practical tools will help you:
- Ideate. Identify opportunities for innovation and growth
- Perform market Analysis. Determine the market size
- Do rapid market testing. Validate your new idea/opportunity with the market
- Financial modeling and forecasting for new products. Determine the profitability of your reboot strategy and/or new products.
Step 2. Sign Up for Bootcamp Kick Off Webinar
Upcoming Open Bootcamps
- Track 1: Financial Forecasting & Cost Management Bootcamp (French)
Thursday 13th August – 10 a.m. GMT / 11 a.m. West Africa / 12 p.m. South & Central Africa /1 p.m. East Africa
- Track 1: Financial Forecasting & Cost Management Bootcamp (English)
Friday 21st August – 2 p.m. East Africa / 1 p.m. South & Central Africa / 12 p.m. West Africa / 11 a.m. GMT
- Track 2: Reboot & Adapt Your Business: Innovation in the “New Normal” (New dates TBD based on demand)
- Want to partner on a bootcamp? For targeted and bespoke Bootcamp programmes please submit your information below and select “I’m interested in a Bootcamp partnership”
About AMI’s Business Survival Bootcamp
Focused on rapid financial planning, cost management, and strategies for adapting your business and products, our approaches will help you take practical actions to ensure your business’s survival.
Over 1,000 businesses and entrepreneurs from over 33 countries across Africa have kicked off their journey to take action and save their business. Join the growing network of businesses across Africa who refuse to let COVID-19 lock down their hopes and dreams.
How Does AMI’s Free Two-Week Business Survival Bootcamp Experience Work?
From AMI’s thousands of hours of our paid programmes, courses and downloadable online tools we’ve designed a customized, short two-week experience with access to tools and self-guided learning focused on financial forecasting, cost management, and how to quickly adapt your business in the face of the “new normal”. The Bootcamp draws on selected elements from AMI’s newly developed 4-month Survive-to-Thrive course which goes deeper into improving business health and viability.
The two-Week Business Survival Bootcamp Journey
- Kick Start Your Journey – 90 Minute Webinar: Get your bootcamp experience started with a 90-minute interactive webinar led by AMI’s expert facilitators. This is more than talking heads. You’ll see how our practical tools apply, you’ll work in breakout groups to understand your current situation, and interact with other entrepreneurs and businesses from across Africa, dealing with some of the same issues so you can share strategies. By the end of it, you’ll be ready to dive into your two weeks of access to our platform and downloadable tools.
- Business Survival Toolkit – 2 Weeks of Access: Once you’ve completed your kickoff webinar, you’ll be provided free access for two weeks to use AMI’s learning platform. You’ll be able to download and interact with AMI’s hand-picked practical tools and self-guided courses to help implement what you learned in the kickoff webinar.
- Direct Support from AMI’s Team – During the two-week period, entrepreneurs are supported virtually by AMI’s programme managers, who are available to answer questions, provide technical support and guide conversations using AMI’s social networking tools.
- Interact & Network with Other African Businesses: Connect with other African entrepreneurs and businesses who are also trying to navigate the challenges of COVID-19 through our learning community platform. You’ll also be added to a WhatsApp Group with all the other businesses who started their journey with you.